CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Molasses Pear Muffins

I was bored, so I decided to do some baking. With the IC restrictions, I feel kind of limited on what I can make. I really have been wanting muffins lately, and I came up with this recipe. Veggie girl loves them, and I've already ate two! (They came out of the oven about 10 minutes ago.)

1 3/4 c all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp poppy seeds
1/3 c molasses
2 tbs Smart Balance light
3/4 c brown sugar
3 tsps Ener-G Egg Replacer
4 tbsp warm water
1/4 c rice milk
2 cups pears, diced

Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with baking cups.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds.
In a medium bowl, cream Smart Balance with brown sugar, and molasses. Mix egg replacer with 4 tbsp warm water, and add slowly to the sugar mixture, and then add the rice milk. Pour mixture into flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Mixture will be really thick. Add pears and stir until evenly distributed. Fill muffin cups evenly with the mixture. Each cup should be quite full. Bake at 375F for 17-20 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Makes 12 muffins

0 comments: