CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm beyond ready for warm weather. Its insane that it is April, and we are still having weather in the 30's. Omni man will be home from Iraq for 15 days in the middle of May. We are going to the Rennaissance Fair in Muskogee for our 6th anniversary. We are spending the rest of our trip in Tulsa. He has consented to go to Be Le Vegetarian. I'm so excited. Living in rural Arkansas its hard to go anywhere that has a vegan option besides a dinner salad, and a baked potato let alone a restaurant that is vegetarian. I'm really starting to think I'm the only vegan in Arkansas. I'm sure there are others, but I'm not sure where they are. I haven't been cooking much lately. We've been eating a lot of salads lately with different toppings. I finally convinced veggie girl that lettuce is not an evil alien substance. She has decided its not only edible, but that she likes it. She asked me why I never told her it was good before. I figured since I was trying to get her to eat it that was a given, but she is never going to forgive me for the tofu incident. Apparently not disguising the tofu by blending it in, or deep frying it is a crime against humanity in her 5 year old opinion. Oh who am I kidding, it really isn't that great. Its edible when cooked right, but for the most part not the tastiest option around. Yes, I admit it. I am a vegan who dislikes tofu. As if that wasn't bad enough, I hate hummus. I don't mean kind of sort of hate it. I despise it. I'm not really sure why anyone likes it. I've yet to try any, or make any that was anywhere near edible. I'm still searching for that perfect recipe though. I mean surely all vegans haven't lost their taste buds. Or maybe its just me, who knows.

0 comments: